Sunday 5 April 2015

Week Six: Lapses

Week Six: 

Current Weight - 61.8kg
Goal Weight - 58kgs (size 10)
Weight Loss to Date - 4kg


What I am finding difficult: 
Because we're getting closer to the end I am finding that I justify and lapse a lot more than I did in the beginning. Today, for example, we celebrated the wonderful resurrection of our Saviour Jesus Christ with a fabulous roast dinner. Succulent lamb, creamy potatoes and juicy roasted capsicum. The mint sauce, had sugar. I ate chips. I had second helpings of the potato bake. I took a slice of pecan pie (I might just add here, it was incredibly delicious. I've never enjoyed a pie so much). I even ate a piece of peanut butter fudge. To say "I lapsed" is an understatement. On top of that, I came home and devoured some raspberry ripple and cheese and crackers. 

How do I feel? 

My stomach is cramping, bloated and I can feel the cheese sitting at the top giving me that "urghhhh" feeling. 

Would I do it again?

I would definitely take on that pecan pie again. I've never tasted a pie so scrummy. It would be a shame to let that pass by. The cheese, ripple and fudge? I could probably leave them. The feeling I have now isn't worth it. The tricky thing is remembering that when it's sitting in front of me. They just cry out to be eaten. The "sugar-free" options are the hardest to resist because they're the easiest to justify. 

It's time to get back on the horse.   

What I enjoyed:
Definitely enjoyed the pecan pie. But in a different way. I took every bite and savoured each mouthful. I didn't just shove it down my throat but really enjoyed the flavour sensations. I know it's not sugar free but I have definitely turned a corner. I enjoy food more than I did before and don't take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment