Wednesday 4 March 2015

Week Two: Just so yummy!

Who would've thought that getting rid of sugar would make my cooking better? But it has!

Before starting IQS8WP my cooking was pretty average. Not unhealthy either, just a bit boring. I really couldn't think of more than 5 things to make and I used to rotate them week by week. Spaghetti bolognese, salmon and potatoes, lamb burgers, chicken stir-fry...blah. Now thinking about it, we were eating so much potato, white bread, white rice and then pile chocolate, ice-cream and lollies on top of that! Wow, no wonder I wasn't losing weight!

Now my cooking has rocketed into another dimension. My husband is pretty impressed with the variety of my cooking and the incredible tastes I create. He keeps asking "Are you sure we can eat this? It tastes so good!" Because the food is so yummy we really haven't noticed that sugar is gone. We're actually enjoying its absence. Although, week 1-3 you can still have fruit, I think we will miss that. 

Today's lunch: 
Dukkah Crusted Chicken with Proccuitto wrapped asparagus and a fried egg

Tonight's dinner:
Main: Pork and Fennel Sausage Rolls with Rocket and Avocado Salad
Dessert: Berries with Caramelised Cream

All I can say is, OH MY GOODNESS, YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment